To quote Leandra Medine of Man Repeller, “I love summer and hate everything else”.
Maybe I’m being a bit dramatic here but the point is, summer is a time when I truly get to relax, unwind and steer clear of a tightly packed in schedule.
I have to say I made a point of keeping scheduled appointments and meetings to a minimum this summer except for my two must haves – one with my trainer Carolyn and the other with my therapist, let’s call her Jen.
Let me start my list with the things I didn’t accomplish this summer:
- I didn’t visit a new state
- I didn’t finish my needlepoint – not even close
- I barely cooked
- I didn’t read all the books piled on my nightstand
- I didn’t work on the children’s scrapbooks
- I didn’t do a family trip with the kids
- I didn’t apply eyeliner or eyeshadow once this summer
But let’s be positive and look at the wine glass half full as that is how it seemed to be all summer long.
- I went blueberry picking
- I went on a spontaneous overnight staycation with my sister to the Wave Hotel in Long Branch, NJ
- I tried a couple of new cardio classes
- I hosted good friends for the weekend and al fresco lunches on Saturday
- I went on an overnight trip to the Hamptons
- I arranged many a Saturday morning cheeseboards – always fun and creative
- I got started on a needlepointing project
- I finally got around to choosing photographs for Jack’s Bar Mitzvah album ( better late than never)
- I finally got to go on a local hike at Hartshorne Woods Park – not really challenging but happy I tried it
- With the help of Judith Horowitz of Got Clutter, I was able to organize my basement and certain closets – felt like I a shed a few pounds after the process
- I had more time to dedicate to my blog
- Drank more rosé and Grey Goose than I should have. For this I am grateful for the coming of fall
Overall, it was an uneventful summer and I loved every minute of it.
What was the highlight of your summer? I’d love to hear!