Once upon a time people got dressed up to travel. I for one, wore a grey Calvin Klein dress with kitten heels on my honeymoon and felt like a movie star. Fast forward to 2017, while I still give thought to my travel outfit, I have certainly gone a more casual route. One thing I have definitely upped my game on are my travel accessories. They’re worth investing in because they wear well with time and tell a story of ones travels. There is no need to constantly reinvest, as most travel accessories don’t fall victim to style trends. For the travel fashionista, Gucci and Dolce and Gabbana offer printed and flowered options.
My travel favorites are a cashmere travel pillow I received as a gift. This came in handy on a recent flight when my back was out. An oversized scarf or shawl is also a must for chilly flights and shelter from fellow travelers with hacking coughs.
My cosmetic case is another must, filled with my feminine needs (hey at least I still have it), aromatic oils and hand cream.
A relatively recent addition is a computer travel cover by Anya Hindmarch. What I love most about her pieces are that they can be monogrammed.
Here are some inspirational pieces. Remember…One need not travel first class to travel in style!
- Smythson Leather Luggage Tag
- Chanel Hydra Beauty Essence Mist
- Dolce & Gabbana Print Trolley
- B&O Play Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Anya Hindmarch Bespoke Passport Case
- Peter Thomas Roth 24K Gold Hydra-Gel Eye Patches
- Rimowa Luggage
- Anya Hindmarch Bespoke Travelling Jewel Case
- Smythson Passport Cover and Card Case
- Aerin Clear Travel Bag
- Diptyque Feu de Bois Mini Candle
- The Laundress Travel Pack Fabric Care Set
- Le Kasha Cashmere Travel Set
- Bonne Nuit Cotton Eye Mask
- Aerin Beauty Travel Hairbrush