It’s been a while since I’ve shared a personal list. Actually, my first ever blog post was a list titled, 39 Things You Don’t Know About Me. The post was so well received, that for about a year or so after that, I would share a different personal list each month. And then, I kind of ran out of ideas to create lists about, so I gave it a rest.
This month marks the seven-year anniversary since launching Fortune Inspired (yay!)so I thought I’d share an updated list of some quirky, possibly weird things you may not know about me.
- I have a fear of public speaking.
- I sweat under my arms when I’m nervous and/or wearing silk.
- As a kid, I always wanted braces and eyeglasses. I never got braces but I finally got my first pair of reading glasses this past summer and I’m weirdly excited about it
- I use a ruler to cross things out on my to-do list. It took me until now to publicly admit to this.
- I am a lefty.
- I once held a garage sale at my apartment. We put flyers in everyone’s mailbox. 1 person showed who said they’d let us know about our trundle bed. They never followed up and David and I got drunk on mimosas we prepared for the neighbors that never came.
- I love ballroom dancing. I used to practice weekly at the Fred Astaire Dance Studio and even won a few beginner competitions. I miss it.
- I have 3 licenses – bartending, real estate (now expired but still), and well my driver’s license.
- I can draw a decent bunny rabbit.
- My favorite martini is a leechee martini.
- I love to travel.
- I hate beets and anchovies except in caesar dressing.
- I love playing pranks. I wish I could be the 5th cast member on impossible jokers.
- I love writing lists, I love stationery, and I have multiple to-do lists running at all times
- I never used to polish my nails and I never wore pajamas, only sweats. Now I live for nail polish and nail art and I only wear pajama sets to bed.
- I always let David have control of the remote.
- If I could eat avocado toast with eggs and artichokes prepared any which way for the rest of my life, I would.
- Key Lime Pie is my favorite dessert.
- I have no desire to make sourdough bread but I’m dying to make homemade almond milk.
- My geography used to be so bad as a YOUNG teen. I once asked 2 people I met on vacation how long the drive was from Italy to Brazil (their respective countries). My map skills have gotten much better since then.
- I would like to visit Kyoto, Iceland, Hawaii, and Wyoming this year. I wouldn’t mind an overnight trip to Rhode Island and Maine either.
- I started drinking coffee regularly a few years ago.
- I started drinking wine way before that (wink wink)
- I’m addicted to salt. On a recent trip to Florida, I took 2 huge handfuls of salt packets from a kiosk at the airport and stuffed them in my pockets so I wouldnt have to ask servers at restaurants to bring me a salt shaker.
- When I find a song I like, I Iisten to it on repeat and it drives my family mad. The same goes for my breakfast. I’ve been eating the same cereal every day for the past 7 months.
And the list goes on and on…Drop a note and let me know if you’d like to read more quirky and weird things about me!
Botox under the arms!
Never let em see u sweat
Fortunee Dushey says
Yes, I’ve tried botox! Maybe I should try that again:)
Beth taksel says
A ruler on the to do list!! Omg!
Fortunee Dushey says
One of my many quirks!