Happy 2018 to all!! With 2017 just behind us, I gave some thought to 10 great moments of the past year.
1. What better way to ring in 2017 than with David and our three children in Los Angeles. For the first time in a while, we actually stayed up past midnight. There was joy laughter and harmony and some bubbly in between. I was so thankful in that moment because it’s my family that really matters.
2. It’s not often that I get the chance to vacation with just one of my children. Last January, David and I took Vivian away to Turks & Caicos for a post midterm reprieve. It was a treat for us to dote on her and appreciate her as a young adult. She taught us how to play a card game called Nothing which is quite addictive and requires no brains cells.
3. I visited 2 new states on my list, Georgia and South Carolina. Charleston was the highlight of the trip and I can’t wait to return. Lots of southern charm, history (I’m a sucker for walking tours), and great food.
4. My daughter Sonia was accepted to N.Y.U last winter and graduated in June. This was a major milestone for all of us and one that took some getting used to.
5. A professional highlight was being featured in Hampton’s Magazine (see page 8) and Man Repeller’s blog this past summer. It was a real ego booster to be recognized in two established publications that I also happen to be a fan of.
6. I had the best meal of the year at Conca del Sogno off the isle Capri (see post here). Think fresh spaghetti with zucchini and parmesan cheese, tomato sauce, a bottle of wine followed by limoncello.
7. I finally overcame my fear of fish and went snorkeling in Spain. It was both exciting and liberating. I’m not going to lie, I stayed very close to the boat and there weren’t many fish. Baby steps if you will…
8. In October, I went on my first bona fide hiking trip. It was invigorating, exhilarating and challenging. Exercise never felt so good.
9. I challenged my culinary skills by making my first batch of “Fortune” Cookies. You can guess why. Needless to say, they were pretty professional looking, if I say so myself, and a real hit with my son. He still begs me to make them again.
10. Last but not least, the real highlight of 2017 was my son Jack’s Bar Mitzvah in Israel. The event was a dream come true. I was so proud of my son and I couldn’t have imagined a more meaningful place to celebrate this milestone with both our families.
Shop some of my favorite products from 2017!