Though one would like to believe every day should be #random acts of kindness day, this Saturday, February 17th, made it to an official list of celebrations.
There is no better feeling than doing something nice and unexpected for someone else. While our goal is to help others and be a little less egocentric, the doer is equally rewarded.
Here are 15 ideas to make #random acts of kindness day that much more meaningful.
- When driving on the road, allow the car waiting to merge, the chance to go ahead of you.
- Smile to a stranger. A teacher in high school once told me, a smile costs nothing and can change a person’s day.
- Hold the door for someone behind you.
- Send flowers to someone who always seems to be there for you.
- Share a sincere compliment.
- Call a grandparent, parent, aunt or uncle and tell them you love them.
- If you notice someone hailing for the same cab, offer to share the ride.
- Follow up with a friend who is going through a challenging time.
- Offer to take a photo of a random couple or group of friends.
- Leave a love note in your child’s backpack or by their bedside.
- Offer your seat to someone older than you.
- On a rainy day, share your umbrella with someone who doesn’t have one.
- Leave a generous tip when well deserved.
- Offer a homeless person some food or drink.
- Be kind to yourself. Show you some love today:)
Please share your ideas for random acts of kindness. There is nothing like spreading the love!
Shop the post here: